‘Just think of it you and me, eating all of the cheese we can eat on the moon...’
Astronauts – Planet Earth needs you! Alex and dad, Gareth haven’t been getting on too well lately. After the death of his mother, Alex has thrown himself into writing his stories; his newest one is about space, but his Dad thinks all of his stories are childish. With the help of Lena, their new babysitter, Alex and his dad go on an adventure to the moon and back and together they save the world along with your help too! Travel through a meteor shower, make a wish upon a star and visit Mars and the moon!
Written and directed by Daniel Swift, with stunning music and lyrics by Tess Fletcher, Concrete Youth present their debut production – a multi-sensory, magical story exploring space, adventure and the importance of family, for young audiences with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
All performances of To the Moon and Back will:
• Have the doors open 45 minutes prior to the performance so our audiences with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) can familiarise themselves with the new environment and feel comfortable.
• Be performed exclusively with audiences living with PMLD in mind.
• Have a chill-out room (with bean bags, sensory lights and a hoist) for audiences to relax in as often as they like, if they become distressed at all during the performance.
• Have tons of multi-sensory play throughout the performance designed exclusively for audiences with PMLD.
• Have Makaton (sign language) integrated into the performance.
• Be performed to small audiences.
• Have bean bags for audiences to be hoisted (hoists provided) on to, so they can enjoy the performance comfortably.
• Be performed by a cast who are trained to expect audiences making as much noise as they like and moving throughout the performance space if they are not comfortable sitting.
• Have stunning new music written exclusively for this production.