Congratulations by reaching the Hull Theatres website you have completed the first step to buying tickets online.
Please follow our step by step guide on how to book your tickets.
- Find the show you would like to book tickets for. There are two ways to do this:
Using your mouse move the arrow (cursor) to the top of the home screen to the green BOOK TICKETS button the right hand side and right click when the arrow turns into a hand.
Or, move the arrow to 'What's on' and once again right click when the arrow turns into a hand.
Both methods will take you to our What's On pages with information about all the shows at Hull City Hall and Hull New Theatre. The current programme will display automatically.
If you are looking for future shows - those coming-up in the following year - click on Next > and you will be taken to that list of performances.
If you know the title of the show you wish to book you can type this directly in the search field at the top right hand corner of the page
The shows are listed in date order. Scroll (move) down the page to find the event you are looking for. Once you have found it click on the green MORE INFO box and a new page will open with a full description of what the show is about.
- Click on the green BOOK TICKETS box, which opens a page showing a seating plan of the venue (Hull City Hall or Hull New Theatre).
For shows running for more than one night, on the left hand side of the screen is a box with a date in it and a calendar image. Click on that and a calendar page opens with all the performance dates highlighted in green and underlined.
Select the date you want, there may be different performance times depending on the show, it will also tell you if there are seats available.
- You are now ready to choose where you want to sit. The different coloured circles represent different prices and for some shows there are concessions available - please note that proof of eligibility will be needed to book these tickets. The prices are listed below the seating plan at the bottom of the page. The circles in grey are not available to book.
Select the seats by moving the arrow over the ones you want - it will turn into a hand again and when you right click a ticket picture will appear. If you have made a mistake go back onto the ticket, right click and it will deselect you choice.
Once you are happy with your seats click on the green Continue box.
- You will now be asked to select the type of tickets you want - this for the shows where concessions apply - please make sure to pick the correct tickets and price.
(You can also change your tickets by clicking on the green Change My Seats box, which will take you back to the seating plan.)
- The following page shows a review of your order. If you are happy click on the green Checkout >> box.
You will now need to log in to your account or register as a new customer.
If you are a new customer you will be asked for your details including name, address, e-mail and phone number and asked to provide a password.
- Select how to receive your tickets (you cannot do this until you have registered/logged in to your account). Wherever possible please pick Send as e-tickets to help us save the environment and save you money as we do not charge a fee for this type of ticket.
- Click 'Continue' and check that your address matches the bank card your about to use to pay for the tickets. If not you can edit the information on this page. Click 'Continue'.
- A final summary of you order will now appear. Please check the details and make sure you have read the Terms and Conditions - highlighted in blue - this will open a separate page, but don't worry you will not lose your order.
- Return to the 'Checkout' page and click on the small Terms and Conditions box to say you agree with them.
- You are now ready to pay. Please insert your card details in the boxes provided and click the 'CONFIRM PAYMENT' box. Your receipt and e-tickets will be sent to your email address, please check your folders including 'junk' to make sure you got them.
Congratulations, you have now successfully bought your tickets. We hope you have found this guide helpful.
Enjoy the show!